Subject: Software for Review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:28:05 -0500 (EST)

4  February, 1999

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

	As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of Chemical 
Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get software for review 
in the journal.   I have three (3) new software products. I am looking 
for  people who are willing to review these software products.  In return 
for the review which is published in JCICS you get to keep the software 
or database.  The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length 
of the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be 
found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

	Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over 
another person. 

	I have tried this approach for about the past seven years and it 
is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't finished 
your reviews of software sent months and months ago, this last sentence 
does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am continuing this new method to 
find reviewers using this e-mail/user group system.  I reserve the right 
to abandon this if it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify 
people if I have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a 
few days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

	As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message, please 
do not respond after 8 February, 1999 (Monday), as I am sure the software 
will be gone by then.

	I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

	PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX 
NUMBER!!!	 (I often send the software by Federal Express.)  Without 
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

	Steve Heller

The packages I now have are:

1. ACD/Boiling Point 3.6 software from ACD Labs (www.acdlabs.com).  

2. ACD/ChemFinder 3.6 software from ACD Labs (www.acdlabs.com)

3. Elsevier Active Library on Corrosion, version 2.0 on CD-ROM.

Steve Heller, Guest Researcher
NIST/SRD, Mail Stop: 820/113
820 Diamond Avenue, Room 101
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2310 USA
Phone: 301-975-3338    FAX: 301-926-0416
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve