Subject: Re: CCL:G:Scanning Probe Microscopy

From: Andrew Rohl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:25:26 +0800

>First:
>  I would much appreciate if you could point to me recent publications 
>about modeling/computational studies of the interaction of the tip with
>the substrate in Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) or/and Scanning Tunneling
>Microscopy (STM).  
1. A. L. Shluger, A. L. Rohl, D. H. Gay and R. T. Williams, "Atomistic 
Theory of the Interaction between AFM Tips and Ionic Surfaces", J. Phys.: 
Condensed Matter, 1825-1846 (1994).
2. A.L. Shluger, A.L. Rohl, R.T. Williams and R.M. Wilson, "Model of 
Scanning Force Microscopy on Ionic Surfaces",Phys. Rev. B., 52, 
11398-11411 (1995).
3. A.L. Shluger, R.T. Williams and A.L. Rohl, "Lateral and Friction 
Forces Originating During Force Microscope Scanning of Ionic Surfaces", 
Surf. Sci., 343, 273-287 (1995).
4. A.L. Shluger and A.L. Rohl, "A Model of the Interaction of Ionic Tips 
with Ionic Surfaces for Interpretation of Scanning Force Microscope 
Images",Topics in Catalysis, 3, 221-247 (1996).
A.I. Livshits, A.L. Shluger, A.L. Rohl and A.S. Foster, "A model of 
non-contact Scanning Force Microscopy on ionic surfaces", Phys. Rev. B. 
in press

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Rohl                              Email: [email-masked]
School of Applied Chemistry              Phone: +61 8 9266 7317 (Office)
Curtin University of Technology                 +61 8 9266 3780 (Lab)
PO Box U 1987                            FAX:   +61 8 9266 2300
Perth, 6845
WESTERN AUSTRALIA

WWW:   http://www.curtin.edu.au/curtin/dept/appchem/staff/alr/alr.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------