Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS/ACS/New Orleans/NEW INFO!!

From: "Michael Sennett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:10:01 EST

PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT NEW SUBMISSION METHODS AND DATES!!!!

						American Chemical Society
			Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering

								Call for Papers

			Adhesion: Chemistry, Process and Mechanics

							New Orleans, Louisiana
								August 1999

 The American Chemical Society Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and
Engineering is sponsoring a symposium on chemistry, mechanics, and process
engineering aspects of adhesion, adhesive bonding, paint adhesion, and related
subjects. The symposium will be held in conjunction with the National meeting
of the American Chemical Society in New Orleans, Louisiana, August 22-26, 1999.

Original research papers are solicited in the following areas: 

Fundamentals of Surface and Interface Chemistry 

>> Modeling and Simulation of Interfaces and Adhesion <<

Surface Chemistry, Cure Chemistry and Adhesion

Process Effects on Chemistry and Adhesion

Surface Chemistry and Mechanics of Durability

Mechanics and Fracture Mechanics of Adhesion

PLEASE NOTE THIS IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION!!!

To: Authors and other interested parties

From: Ray Dickie

Re: ACS Symposium on Adhesion (New Orleans, August 22-26, 1999)

Your interest in the ACS Symposium on Adhesion: Chemistry, Mechanics, & Process
 is deeply appreciated. The deadlines for submission of abstract and preprint
manuscripts are fast approaching - and it is with regret that I must tell you
that the meeting organizers have just informed me that the deadlines and
instructions for preprint preparation have been changed. Please read the
following with care. It describes a whole new way of preparing and submitting
abstracts and preprints for American Chemical Society meetings. If you have any
 questions, please call or send an e-mail enquiry. 

The deadline for receipt of the ACS abstract and PMSE preprint is now March 22,
 1999

ACS Abstract (required)

Authors should complete the ACS abstract form available on the ACS website at:
http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/abinfo.html
This website will be available March 8, 1999 through March 22, 1999.

Authors should electronically submit abstract form directly to the ACS
following instructions on the web by March 22, 1999.  Authors will be sent a
confirmation directly from the ACS.  Electronic abstracts should only be
submitted ONCE.

Authors unable to use the abstract form on the web should type and mail
original and 2 "hard copies" of the ACS abstract on the ACS abstract form and
mail to the symposium organizer by March 22, 1999.PMSE Preprint
(required)Preprints should be typed directly onto special forms found on the
web at: http://membership.acs.org/P/PMSE/authinst.html.  

Authors should then  print 4 copies of the finished preprint from the web and
mail to Symposium Organizer.  Organizers must receive hard copies of the
preprint whether abstract is submitted electronically or in hard copy form.

The deadline for preprint submission is MARCH 22, 1999. This is a week earlier
than previously announced. The symposium organizers regret the change. It has
been imposed by the overall meeting organizers. No extensions can be granted. 

Symposium chairs

Dr. Ray Dickie
Ford Research Laboratory
P. O. Box 2053, MD3083SRL
Dearborn, MI 48121-2053 USA

	(313)337-4059
	(313)621-0646 (fax)
	[email-masked]

Prof. A. J. Kinloch
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Imperial College
Exhibition Road
London SW7 2BX, UK
	0171 594 7082
	0171 823 8845 (fax)
	[email-masked]