Subject: C Program

From: Aaron Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 05:35:13 -0800 (PST)

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to call a FORTRAN subroutine in a C program
on SGI workstation or PC ?

Thanks

Aaron

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Yongxing Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:07:59 -0500

On a PC, It depends on which OS  you are using, WIN32, Linux or DOS? 
On a SGI workstation, You compile c code and fortran code separatly, and
then link them together.  Notice that, in c code, the name of a Fortran
function should be followed by an underscore. When you pass parameters, C
always pass by value(copy) and Fortran 77 always call by reference
(address). The column and row order of multidimensional arrays  is also
inversed when passing between languages.    

At 05:35 AM 2/22/99 -0800, you wrote:
>-------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
>-- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
>-- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
>[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
>[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
>Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
>             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html 
>
>
>
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
 Yongxing Liu           |Tel  :   (860)-685-2777 
 Department of Chemistry|Fax  :   (860)-685-2211
 Wesleyan University    |EMAIL:   [email-masked]
 Middletown CT 06459    |URL  :   http://ludwig.chem.wesleyan.edu/yliu
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------