Subject: polarizability and vdW radius for B

From: uccatvm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:10:04 +0000 (GMT)

Dear CCLers,

I would be interested to know if there is a value available
for the polarizability and the van der Waals radius for B in
a covalently bonded state. I am interested in trivalent boron
with two oxygens and one C==C bonded to it in a neutral organic
molecule, but any values of covalent B would be useful. 
We need this information to develop a model potential for a system 
containing B, but we have had not much luck so far finding 
reliable values for these.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Tanja
-- 
  ====================================================================
     Tanja van Mourik                                                
                                      phone                               
     University College London        work:   +44 (0)171-504-4665   
     Christopher Ingold Laboratories  home:   +44 (0)1895-259-312    
     20 Gordon Street                 e-mail                         
     London WC1H 0AJ                  work: [email-masked] 
     United Kingdom                   home: [email-masked]     
  ====================================================================