Subject: ESP/POLAR Problem in MOPAC97

From: "Damian G. Allis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:29:35 -0500 (EST)

Greetings!

	Thanks to all those who responded to my last question concerning
asterisks in my MOPAC output (due to the numbers being larger than the
output file was able and willing to print).

	I've another one for anybody.  When I run a MOPAC input file with
both POLAR and ESP, I get the POLAR output fine, but get "nan" for all of
the ESP's for the atoms.  When I run either seperately, I get the results
I expect for each.

	Is there a known problem with running both ESP and POLAR in the
same calculation, or is there some quick fix I'm not finding in the
manual?

					thanks in advance,
					Damian Allis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home Address:           |  Chemistry Address:
349 Buckingham Ave.     |  1-014,2-023,2-016e Center for Sci&Tech
Syracuse, NY 13210      |  Syracuse University
email: [email-masked]  |  Syracuse, NY 13244
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#8^(= -)*-+-<
everything about me: web.syr.edu/~dgallis/
   Cornucopia Music: www.cornucopiamusic.com/