Subject: Intrinsic C13 Isotope Effects for Decarboxylations

From: Bill King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:16:51 +1100

Dear CCLers,

Could anyone provide me with a (or some) recent reference(s) that gives the 
range of intrinsic carbon isotope effects in decarboxylation reactions. I am 
most interested in beta-keto acids, but any general information would be 
useful.

Thanks in advance
Bill

---
Bill King                                     | email: [email-masked] 
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology| 
John Curtin School of Medical Research        | phone: +61-2-6279-8303       
PO Box 334 Canberra ACT 2601                  | FAX:   +61-2-6249-0415

---

From: Bruce Allan Palfey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:08:47 -0500 (EST)

Bill

Here are a few references that might be useful.  Also, there probably is
an article or two in Methods in Enzymology.

Swanson T, Brooks HB, Osterman AL, O'Leary MH, Phillips MA Biochemistry
1998 37(42):14943-7

Schimerlik, M.I., Rife, J.E., and Cleland, W.W. (1975), Biochemistry 14,
5347

Hermes, J. D., Roeske, C. A., O'Leary, M. H., & Cleland, W. W. (1982)
Biochemistry 21, 5106-5114

Edens WA, Urbauer JL, Cleland WW Biochemistry 1997 36(5):1141-7 

Urbauer JL, Bradshaw DE, Cleland WW Biochemistry 1998 37(51):18026-31