Subject: WORDtoLaTeX summary

From: Andres Aguado <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 13:19:03 +0100

Hi all,

Few days ago I posted an e-mail to CCL asking for some program able to
convert a WORD file into a LaTeX file. Below is the summary of the
responses I have received. I recommend to anyone that is interested in
such software to have a look at

	http://www.kfa-juelich.de/isr/1/texconv/pctotex.html

And thanks a lot for all your help!!

Best regards,

		Andres Aguado.
 
 ........................................................................
Hi,
try this site:
They have an rtf2latex converter

http://www.primate.wisc.edu/software/RTF/

suerte
a.

--
                            Adrian E. Roitberg
========================================================================
 NIST                         | Phone: (301) 975-4469.
 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8311  | Fax (301) 975-5449
 Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8311  | E-mail : [email-masked]
========================================================================

 ..........................................................................

Dear Andres:
		I don't know of any software that can make this conversion (doesn't
mean that such a program does not exist) but I know a program that can
help. The program is call Scientific Word, This program has an
environment similar to any windows-base word processor (it is actually
one of them) but it save in your disk a latex type file, (this program
also include a compiler with their own styles). 

		I used to use this software before and whenever I needed a latex
version of a word file, I just copied the text in the WORD window and
pasted in the Scientific word window, the formula and special characters
are not recognized and you need to go over the text a correct them, but
anyway, if you don't have to many formula, you save a lot of time (the
text can be fixed using the spelling corrector).
		Now if you save the document you will have a latex document, you can
even use your own style just editing this ascii file and copying
anything between /begin{document} and /end{document}.

		I know this is not and standart procedure but works, of course in case
you don't have access to scientific word, just delete this message and I
am sorry for the time you spent reading it.

		regards,

				Pedro Derosa

-- 

********************************
Dr. Pedro A. DEROSA
Dept of Chemical Engineering
University of South Carolina
Off 2A01H Ph. (1-803) 777-0611
	  FAX (1-803) 777-8265
e-mail: [email-masked]
********************************

 ........................................................................

see for example

links in http://bolug.uni-bonn.de/wissen/robin/latex.html
http://www.kfa-juelich.de/isr/1/texconv/pctotex.html

can be found by a search on altavista.com

Martin

-- 
Dr. Martin Braendle
Lab. fuer Anorg. Chemie                           Tel. (+41) 1/ 632 2894
ETH Zentrum CAB B17                               Fax  (+41) 1/ 632 1149
Universitaetstr. 6                    E-mail [email-masked]
CH-8092 Zuerich        http://www.inorg.chem.ethz.ch/group/braendle.html

 ........................................................................

Hello Andres,

Check the following URL:

	http://www.kfa-juelich.de/isr/1/texconv/pctotex.html
 
You may also want to check www.ctan.org
 
--
Jesus M. Castagnetto <[email-masked]> - "Ken Zen Ichi-nyo"
Program Project:   http://www.scripps.edu/research/metallo/ 
Metalloprotein DB: http://metallo.scripps.edu/
Pilot Stuff: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1059/

 .........................................................................

Not directly a Word file, but an RTF file, which is easy to create
>from Word. But it's text only, no formulas. You can find the program
(rtf2latex or something similar) on any CTAN server, e.g. ftp.dante.de.
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire (CNRS) | Tel.: +33-2.38.25.55.69
Rue Charles Sadron                       | Fax:  +33-2.38.63.15.17
45071 Orleans Cedex 2                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
France                                   | Nederlands/Francais
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------