Subject: Re: CCL:Dore metall

From: Lev Gorenstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:56:25 -0500

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Richard Wood from CHEM.UIC.EDU wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Milan Antonijevic from Serbia wrote:
> 
> > Dear Sirs, 
> >     Please send me some papers, abstracts, web sites and some
> >     other sources of informations from which I can get
> >     information about 
>
>  .... [skipped]
>
> This is not intended to be snotty or anything like that.  But, doesn't 
> anybody know how to use a library anymore?

Let me put in my $0.02 worth.  I'm affraid that folks here in the
States are "spoiled" by the availability of information.  
Sometimes people take those nice libraries with tons of different
journals for granted, and don't realize that it may not be true in
other countries.  Being originally from Russia I could easily see
that Milan Antonijevic in Serbia may have problems acessing current
information on the subject.  At least, MORE problems comparing to
Richard Wood's trip to UIC library ;-).

Actually just 2 days ago I was xeroxing about 100 pages from
various papers (and another 100 is coming soon from Interlibrary
Loans ;-) for a personal friend of mine who works in Siberian
Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences.  Just because they don't
have money to subscribe for all those journals.

Regards,
	Lev