Subject: Call for Papers "Management of Reaction Information" - ACS New Or leans, Fall 1999

From: Guenter Grethe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:50:36 -0800

Call for Papers

The Division of Chemical Information of the American Chemical Society is
planning a symposium on "Management of Reaction Information for the
Synthetic Chemist" for the Fall ACS Meeting in New Orleans, August 22 - 26,
1999.  A similar symposium was held at an ACS National Meeting several years
back and in 1997 (Las Vegas ACS) we discussed recent developments in
reaction databases.  The dramatic increase over the last few years in the
size of databases and the shift towards combinatorial chemistry requires new
approaches for the effective handling of available information.  

During the symposium the tools under development or available today to the
practicing synthetic chemist for effectively planning the synthesis of an
individual compound or a compound library will be discussed. These include
reaction retrieval and prediction, available databases, electronic access to
the primary literature, post-search data management and others.

If you are interested in presenting a paper at this symposium please contact
me before April 5th at the address shown below.  Abstracts are due April
15th.

Sincerely yours,

Guenter Grethe
Symposium Organizer

Dr. Guenter Grethe
Director, Scientific Applications
Product Development
MDL Information Systems, Inc.
14600 Catalina Street, CA 94577
Tel.: (+1) 510-357-2222 ext.1430
Fax: (1) 510-614-3616
e-mail: [email-masked]