Subject: Re: CCL:Re: CCL:QC journals 'in trouble'

From: "Nathaniel (noj) Malcolm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:34:22 GMT

in case anyone is still interested  in this subject there is an
amusing paper in the "new journal of chemistry" 
(which should be available on-line at:
http://www.rsc.org/is/journals/current/newjchem/njccon.htm for those
library cannot afford to stock such esoteric titles!) regarding
citation data and impact factors  :

"Sense and nonsense of science citation analyses: comment on the
monopoly position of ISI and citation inaccuracies. Risks of possible
misuse and biased citation and inpact data"

Jan Reedijk NEW JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY, 1998, Vol.22, No.8, pp.767-770 

noj

-- 
Dr. Noj Malcolm			
Theory Group,			
Dept. of Chemistry,		
University of Manchester,	
Oxford Road,			
Manchester.			
M13 9PL

e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: Armel Le Bail <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 17:47:24 +0100

>Jan Reedijk NEW JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY, 1998, Vol.22, No.8, pp.767-770 

Just in case people try to get the ISI's most cited authors lists
>from the Web address inside the above paper, they moved at :
     http://pcb4122.univ-lemans.fr/cit.html
And, no, they will not be updated (at least not by me, ask ISI for
updates).

Best wishes,

Armel Le Bail - Universite du Maine, Laboratoire des Fluorures,
CNRS ESA 6010, Av. O. Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 9, France
http://www.cristal.org/