Subject: graduate student position in comp. chem.

From: [email-masked] (Ernst-Walter Knapp)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:40:47 +0100 (MET)

Graduate position (BAT 2A half)  in Computational (Bio)(physics)chemistry

At the Chemistry Department of the Free University of Berlin, there is a position to do PhD 
work available. Beside research work, during the terms also two hours per week tutorial work 
in German language needs to be done. 

Our group in Computational Biophysics/Biochemistry is active in modeling and computer simulation
of proteins. One focus is protein folding and structure prediction, where we develop our own
methods. But we also calculate vibrational spectra, protonation pattern, proton and electron
transfer processes and reaction mechanisms in proteins using different methods. Further details
can be obtained from our home page: http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/~knapp/ 

Our group members are from chemistry, biochemistry, physics and mathematics. If you are
interested to do such interdisciplinary research work, please contact me by email:
[email-masked]

|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
|  Dr. Ernst-Walter Knapp                                             |
|  Freie Universitaet Berlin                    Tel.: +49 30 838 4387 |
|  Fachbereich Chemie                           Fax.: +49 30 838 3464 |
|  Institut fuer Kristallographie                                     |
|  Takustrasse 6                    E-mail: [email-masked] |
|  D-14195 Berlin                                                     |
|  Germany           www: http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/~knapp/ |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------|