Subject: Convergence percentage parameters

From: Elie Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:29:08 +0100

Hello,

I'm new in the use of GAlib.

I have a problem stopping a GA by convergence rather than by
generation count.

I tried the 'convergence_percentage' and the
'generations_to_convergence'
parameters. I could see by using the 'flush_frequency' parameter that
the generation best scores converged and remained to a constant value.
But the GA doesn't stop. Are these parameters enough ?

Thank you for your help.

****************************************************************
François Grand                                           Synt:em
Software engineer                      Parc Scientifique G.Besse
Computational Drug Discovery                         30000 Nimes
email: [email-masked]                             France
Tel: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 66              Fax: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 67
****************************************************************
          Discover New Drugs, Discover Synt:em
                 http://www.syntem.com
****************************************************************
****************************************************************
Elie Giraud                                              Synt:em
                                       Parc Scientifique G.Besse
Computational Drug Discovery                         30000 Nimes
email: [email-masked]                            France
Tel: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 66              Fax: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 67
****************************************************************
          Discover New Drugs, Discover Synt:em
                 http://www.syntem.com
****************************************************************