Subject: Re: CCL:Avogadro's number

From: Anatoli Korkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:05:04 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you very much to everybody who answered my question about
Avogadro's
number. I personally enjoyed the discussion and since all messages have
been set to CCL, there is no need to summarize.

I am glad such questions are of interest and I believe this discussion
outlines the great value of CCL and we all should be thankful to Jan
Lobanowski for keeping up with it. In our hectic time when professors
spend 50% or more of their precious time in writing proposals and
industrial researches jump from one project to another being often 
unable to document properly their discoveries many fundamentals are
considered as a gospel truth or get reinvented with every new
generation.
It seems that we care more nowadays of what is or is not compatible
with a new version of microsoft rather than about fundamental principles
implemented in the programs we use. This statement by no means is
intended to offend anybody, but just to remind of importance to keep
a balance between those two categories of problems.

Best regards,

Anatoli