Subject: exptl. dipole moment of indole?

From: uccatvm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:10:44 +0000 (GMT)

Dear CClers,

Would anyone know a value for the experimental dipole moment of 
indole, preferably with error bars?

A recent paper on indole lists a value of 2.13 Debye, which comes 
>from the Tables of Experimental Dipole Moments, A.L. McClellan (1963).
The original reference of this number dates back to 1944, and since
our library does not have such old journals, I have no idea about
the accuracy of this result. The newer version of the Tables of
Experimental Dipole Moments (1974) apparently got lost in our library...
I assume that there are some newer experiments available. 

I would be very grateful for any response.

Best regards,

Tanja

-- 
  ====================================================================
     Tanja van Mourik                                                
                                      phone                               
     University College London        work:   +44 (0)171-504-4665   
     Christopher Ingold Laboratories  home:   +44 (0)1895-259-312    
     20 Gordon Street                 e-mail                         
     London WC1H 0AJ                  work: [email-masked] 
     United Kingdom                   home: [email-masked]     
  ====================================================================