Subject: exptl. dipole moment of indole?

From: uccatvm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:10:44 +0000 (GMT)

Dear CClers,

Would anyone know a value for the experimental dipole moment of 
indole, preferably with error bars?

A recent paper on indole lists a value of 2.13 Debye, which comes 
from the Tables of Experimental Dipole Moments, A.L. McClellan (1963). 
The original reference of this number dates back to 1944, and since
our library does not have such old journals, I have no idea about
the accuracy of this result. The newer version of the Tables of
Experimental Dipole Moments (1974) apparently got lost in our library...
I assume that there are some newer experiments available. 

I would be very grateful for any response.

Best regards,

Tanja

-- 
  ====================================================================
     Tanja van Mourik                                                
                                      phone                               
     University College London        work:   +44 (0)171-504-4665   
     Christopher Ingold Laboratories  home:   +44 (0)1895-259-312    
     20 Gordon Street                 e-mail                         
     London WC1H 0AJ                  work: [email-masked] 
     United Kingdom                   home: [email-masked]     
  ====================================================================