Subject: Summary Xmol program.

From: Adrian Turjanski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:09:10 -0300

Some days ago I posted the following question:

> Hi: 
>    does anybody know about Xmol program? Where can i download it?
> 
> Thank you very much.
> 
> Adrian Turjanski

Thanks to all who answered it, here are the answers:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I use it quite often.  You used to be able to download it from the CCL's 
ftp server, but try going to 
http://www.chimie.fundp.ac.be/cms/cmsinfo/xmol.htm.  I think you can 
dowload it there.

Richard

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.msc.edu/msc/docs/xmol/XMol.html

Maybe this site is of interest for you, too:

http://www.chem.swin.edu.au/chem_ref.html

Regards, Jens

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Adrian
Look at: 
http://www.msc.edu/msc/docs/xmol/XMol.htm  (original source, USA)   or:
http://www.chm.tu-dresden.de/edv/xmol/xmol.html   (a mirror in Germany)
or simply use a search engine to get your favorite server , if those are
not what
you want for some reasons.

Hope that helps
BYe
Elmar

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi adrian,

try http://www.networkcs.com/msc/docs/xmol/ftp.html. there you 
can get the free version 1.3.1 for numerous unix-workstations.

michael braunschweig

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not sure if you can actually get the source for Xmol anymore, only
the
binaries may be available, which isn't very useful. As an alternative,
the
source code of a fully supported, free, variant of Xmol called XMakemol
can be downloaded from the following website:

http://brian.ch.cam.ac.uk/~matt/XMakemol/XMakemol.html

hope this helps,

Tiffany Walsh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Adrian,

 try this site:

http://www.msc.edu/msc/docs/xmol/ftp.html

Good luck,

Thomas.