Subject: object-oriented programming tools

From: Christoph Maerker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:39:29 +0200 (MEST)

Universite Louis Pasteur
Postal-Address: 4, rue Blaise Pascal, F- 67000 Strasbourg FRANCE
Phone: +33/3-88-41-53-19
Fax:   +33/3-88-60-63-83
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4ME+ PL37 (25)]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Length: 693       

Dear readers,

I am looking for a software which magically can do the following:

1) read existing (combined) Fortran and/or C(+/++) source codes,
2) create subsequently the corresponding flow chart diagram,
3) add/merge new routines into the existing code via a graphical user
interface (GUI), e.g. by means of drag and drop.

All this sounds a bit like object-oriented software engineering (OOSE); yahoo
indeed lists a lot of sites. But please note that I talk about reading in of
existing code, and not about programming from scratch.

Here are my questions:

Which programs are available, and which perform best ?
How much do they cost ?
Any good books on this topic ?

Thanks,
Christoph