Subject: ligand

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:11:12 -0500

This is for all the protein modeling guys out there.  I have been doing
some homology based modeling on a trans-membrane protein with a
covalently bound ligand.  Till now I have almost always included the
ligand from the start.  Is that the right tactic or does docking it
manually using distance geometry constraints give superior results.   If
someone can answer this questions satisfactorily drinks are one me!!

Regards

Deepak.

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry   Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************