Subject: Announce: VMD 1.3 Release

From: John Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:03:35 -0500 (CDT)

VMD "Visual Molecular Dynamics" 1.3 Announcement
        ------------------------------------------------
The Theoretical Biophysics group at the Beckman Institute For Advanced  
Science and Technology, the University of Illinois (U-C), is proud to
announce the public release of VMD 1.3.  VMD is a package for the 
visualization and analysis of biomolecular systems.  This software is
distributed free of charge and includes source code, documentation,
and precompiled binaries for HP, Linux, SGI and Sun Unix systems.
The documentation includes an installation guide, a users guide, and a 
programmers guide for interested researchers.  VMD also provides on-line 
help through the use of an external HTML viewer.  VMD development is 
supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

A full description of VMD is available via the VMD WWW home page:
        http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/

The authors request that any published work which utilizes VMD includes 
a reference to the VMD web page and/or the following reference:

  Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., "VMD - Visual Molecular
  Dynamics", J. Molec. Graphics, 1996, vol. 14, pp. 33-38.

The Theoretical Biophysics group encourages VMD users to be closely  
involved in the development process through reporting bugs, contributing  
fixes, periodical surveys and via other means.

We are eager to hear from you, and thank you for using our software!

                                                The VMD Developers
                                                [email-masked]
                                                April 5, 1999

-- 

Theoretical Biophysics Group   Email: [email-masked]
Beckman Institute              http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/
University of Illinois         Phone:  (217) 244-3349
405 N. Mathews  Ave              FAX:  (217) 244-6078 
Urbana, IL 61801, USA          Unix Is Good For You!!!