Subject: Re: CCL:gaussian basis sets

From: uccatvm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:03:59 +0100 (BST)

> 
>  Are there any basis set available in Gaussian which are more extended
>  than 6-311++G**? If yes, how can they be accessed?
> 
>  Thanks in advance
> 
> 
> 					Daniel Glossman
 
Hi Daniel,

You might want to check out the Gaussian web site (http://www.gaussian.com/),
which contains an on-line manual for Gaussian. It has a list of the basis sets
available (http://www.gaussian.com/00000485.htm). 

Another useful web site is the EMSL Gaussian Basis Set Library
(http://www.emsl.pnl.gov:2080/forms/basisform.html), from which you can 
download lots of basis sets, also in Gaussian94 format. For such high
precision, you might want to look at the (augmented) correlation consistent
basis sets, which form a hierarchical series of increasing accuracy, ranging 
from double zeta ((aug-)cc-pVDZ) to sextuple zeta ((aug-)cc-pVnZ).

Best regards,

Tanja
-- 
  ====================================================================
     Tanja van Mourik                                                
                                      phone                               
     University College London        work:   +44 (0)171-504-4665   
     Christopher Ingold Laboratories  home:   +44 (0)1895-259-312    
     20 Gordon Street                 e-mail                         
     London WC1H 0AJ                  work: [email-masked] 
     United Kingdom                   home: [email-masked]     
  ====================================================================