Subject: MLD error

From: [email-masked] (Genzo Tanaka)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:19:31 -0500

Hello,

Has any of you had MLD errors?

MLD (memory locality domain) errors occurred on our Origin 2000 at two
separate occations. One was associated with molecular dynamics (MD)
(CDiscover) and the other MOPAC 6.0, both under the Cerius2 3.9
environment.  In the MD case, this error happened after about 3 hours
using a single processor with around 700 atoms. The same script
haven't produced any error on the former machine, Power Challenge.
In the Mopac case, it seemed to occur some time after 3 atoms became
a linear.

Our system is 6.5.3 version and enough memory, disks and swap
spaces.

I appreciate your suggestions to fix this problem.

Sincerely,

Genzo
 
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 + Genzo Tanaka      email:   [email-masked]                   +
 + usmail:           Solutia, P.O. Box 97 Gonzalez, FL 32560           +
 + Voice Telephone:  (850) 968-8171 (office)   968-8110 (computer room) +
 + FAX:              (850) 968-8732                                     +
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

   ********************************************************************
   *   Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of   *
   *       Solutia, Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates.      *
   ********************************************************************