Subject: CCL:G:Jaguar

From: Bill Glauser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:08:39 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Douglas,

Schrodinger, Inc. doesn't have access to G94 or G98 - that's why the
comparison was run versus G92. I have not heard anything about Q-Chem one
way or the other. 

But from anecdotal reports, we hear that Jaguar's speed advantages do hold
in comparison with G94 and G98. Certainly there will be some changes, but
the qualitative speedups are expected to remain more or less the same.

Schrodinger, Inc. would very much like to see a comparison among the latest
versions of the leading ab initio programs for treating large systems (run
on the same platform). And we have always made Jaguar available (upon
request) for a trial period for anyone wanting to perform benchmarking or
any other form of testing. 

Best regards,

Bill
---- 

At 03:40 PM 4/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The orginal post refered to G92.  Does Jaguar's speed advantage hold in
>comparasion to G94 and the newly releasesd G98?
>How does Q-Chem compare to either programs.  It would be nice to see a
review of
>the lastest release of all three programs for large systems on a similar
>platform.
>
>
>Douglas E. Stack
>Assistant Professor
>Department of Chemistry
>University of Nebraska at Omaha
>Omaha, NE 68182-0109
>(402) 554-3647
>(402) 544-3647 (fax)
>[email-masked]
----
William A. Glauser / Schrodinger, Inc. / 800-207-7482 / 610-869-0578
610-869-0577 (fax) / [email-masked] / http://www.schrodinger.com