Subject: G: G94 and new IBM AIX 4.3 (Power 2)

From: Grzegorz Bakalarski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:26:55 +0200 (EEST)

Dear CCLers,

I have a problem with installing G94 on a new IBM RS6K (Power 2) with AIX 3.2
and new compilers. The problem is that IBM made many changes in OS and compilers
so I'm not not  able to run binary code (exe) compiled on older machine & OS.

G94 (D or E) almost compiles on a new machine (there are problems with fstatfs
routine in mdutil.c). When I make neccessery changes I could compile to the end.
However the code did not want to run - it stopped after reading link1 (%) lines
of input.

My question is: DID ANYBODY OF YOU SUCCEED IN COMPILING G94 ON RS6K WITH AIX 4.3 ?
IF YES, COULD YOU SHARE NEEDED KNOWLEDGE HOW TO DO IT ?

Thank a lot for any help.

Regards,

G.Bakalarski
Warsaw University

P.S. The latest supported AIX for  G94 is probably 4.1.3! New G98 is ported 
to AIX 4.3, however changes  in a code are significant ... I contacted with Gaussian
and they don't plan to port G94 to new AIX, however say it should be possible ....