Subject: CC'99 Conf & Workshop on Comp Meth for Large Mol - 2nd Circ

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:54:07 MET1MDT

Dear CC'99 pre-registered participants, and those wishing to receive further
information about our conference and workshop. Please treat this message as 
the confirmation of your pre-registration. We enclose herewith the ASCII 
transcript of the second circullar which will be independently forwarded by 
conventional mail together with  instructions for preparation of abstracts 
and manuscripts as well as final registration form. 
  Any additional questions and requests should be directed to following
e-mail address:   [email-masked]
                   Yours sincerely
      D. Michalska                W.A. Sokalski

     CC'99 Secretary              Workshop co-leader

                      SECOND CIRCULAR

     5th International Conference COMPUTERS IN CHEMISTRY'99 
                  and Polish-American Workshop 
   "New Trends in Computational Methods for Large Molecular Systems"
           Szklarska Poreba Srednia, Poland,  July 1-6, 1999

                          ORGANIZED BY:
             Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw, Poland            
                    Wroclaw University, Wroclaw, Poland                   
   National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA  
     Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, Rockville, MD,USA    

                  ORGANIZING AND PROGRAM COMMITTEE
J.P. Hawranek, D. Michalska - secretary, W.A. Sokalski, W. Wojciechowski - chair
                       ADVISORY BOARD:
A. Bartecki, H. Chojnacki, J. Konarski M. Krauss, J.S.  Kwiatkowski, Z. Latajka

             ORGANIZING AND PROGRAM COMMITTEE
     W. Wojciechowski - CHAIRMAN, D. Michalska - SECRETARY
               J.P. Hawranek, W.A. Sokalski

                       ADVISORY BOARD
A. Bartecki, H. Chojnacki, J. Konarski, M. Krauss, J.S. Kwiatkowski, Z. Latajka

                      WORKSHOP LEADERS
                 M. Krauss, W.A. Sokalski

             ABOUT THE CC'99 CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP
   The meeting is  already  the  5-th  in  the  series  of  "Computers  in 
Chemistry" Conferences which started in 1986 as a forum  for  exchange  of 
ideas on various computer applications in chemistry.  Conference  sessions 
will include WORKSHOP "New  Trends  in  Computational  Methods  for  Large 
Molecular  Systems"  (supported  by  Polish-American  M.  Sklodowska-Curie 
Foundation)  which  will  focus  on  the  recent  rapid  developments   in 
computational chemistry, breaking existing barriers in modeling properties 
of large molecular systems of  practical  interest  in  material  science, 
biotechnology and related fields. 
  The program includes invited lectures, oral presentations, poster session 
and many opportunities for informal discussions.
Planned sessions will include:
* General Session
* Progress in the Computational Methods for Large Molecular Systems
* Progress in Density Functional Theory
* Protein Structure and Folding
* Modeling Enzyme Systems and Reactions
* Modeling Nucleic Acid Properties
* Modeling Properties of Molecular Materials
* Computational Quantum Chemistry

PRELIMINARY LIST OF SPEAKERS

W. Bartczak (Technical University of Lodz, Poland)
H. Boegel (University of Halle, Germany)
E. Broclawik (Institute of Catalysis PAN, Krakow, Poland)
R.J. Buenker (University of Wuppertal, Germany)
J. Cioslowski (Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA)
M.J.C. Crabbe (University of Reading, Reading, UK)
G. Ferenczy (Technical University of Budapest, Hungary)
H. Galina (Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland)
C. Ghio (Institute of Quantum Chemistry & Molecular Energetics, Pisa, Italy)
A. Godzik (The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA)
M. Head-Gordon (University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA)
T. Head-Gordon (Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, CA, USA)
P. Hobza (J. Heyrovsky Institute Physical Chemistry, Prague, Czech Republic)
J. Holbrook (University of Bristol, UK)
K. Jug (Hannover University, Germany)
S. Iwata (Institute for Molecular Science, Okazaki, Japan)
S. Kafafi (University of Maryland, CARB, Rockville, USA)
J. Konarski (A. Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland)
M. Krauss (CARB, Rockville, MD, USA)
K. Kuczera (University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA)
Z. Latajka (University of Wroc|aw, Poland)
W. Lester (University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA)
B. Lesyng (Warsaw University, Poland)
J. Leszczynski (Jackson State University, MS, USA)
K. Morokuma (Emory University, GA, USA)
A. Mulholland (Unversity of Bristol, UK)
R. Nalewajski (Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland)
G. Naray-Szabo (Lorand Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary)
M.J. Nowak (Institute of Physics, PAN, Warsaw, Poland)
R. Osman (Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA)
L. Piela (Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland)
S. Roszak (Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland)
U. Roethlisberger (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
G. Scuseria (Rice University, Houston, TX, USA)

The titles of all lectures will be available in our www site.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

  Registration fee payment: May 15, 1999
  Camera-ready Abstract: May 22, 1999
  Manuscripts: July 1, 1999 (on arrival)

                   LOCATION
The CC '99 Conference and Workshop  will  be  held  from  the  evening  of 
July 1-st (Thursday) until July 6-th afternoon (Tuesday) in Szklarska Poreba 
Sirednia, a summer and winter resort located in Sudety mountains, about 150 
km south-west from Wroclaw. Participants will be  accommodated  in  Granit 
(KRUS) Hotel, which is situated in a scenic environment and it  is equipped
with swimming pool, fitness club, sauna, tennis court and bowling room.

The address is: 
GRANIT (KRUS) HOTEL
Kopernika Str. No 14,
Szklarska Poreba Srednia,
telephone: +48-(75)-717-30-01
FAX:       +48-(75)-717-31-15 

The CC '99 conference will follow the  8-th  International  Conference  on 
Electrical and Related Properties of Organic Solids, which will be held in 
in the same location from June 26 to 30. More information about ERPOS meeting  in      
                http://www.pwr.wroc.pl/politechnika/erpos.html

                  PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE
Thursday, July 1                  Arrival
                   7 PM           Welcome Reception

Friday,   July 2   9 AM - 1 PM    Scientific program
                   3 PM - 6 PM    Plenary oral poster presentations
                   8 PM - 10 PM   Poster session

Saturday, July 3   9 AM - 6 PM    Scientific Program
                   7 PM           Grill party

Sunday,   July 4   9 AM - 6 PM    Excursion
                   8 PM           Hardware and Software Presentations 

Monday,   July 5   9 AM - 6 PM    Scientific Program
                   8 PM           Conference Dinner

Tuesday,  July 6   9 AM - 1 PM    Scientific Program
                   3 PM           Departure

                            TRAVEL
Szklarska Poreba Srednia can be reached from Wroclaw (150 km)  by  a  car 
or train (PKP). The conference site is located about 200 m  from 
the railway station "Szklarska Poreba Srednia". Wroclaw is easy  to  reach 
by direct flights from Warsaw, Frankfurt/Main, Copenhagen and  Vienna  and 
it  has  train  and  bus  connections  with  major  European  cities.  The 
participants are entitled to discount prices by LOT Polish  Airlines  from 
June 16 until July 16, 1999. (see http://www.lot.com.pl or call toll  free
800-223-0593 in US).
A special bus transportation will be provided from  Wroclaw  to  Szklarska 
Poreba on July 1 returning on July 6. Please, indicate  on  the  enclosed 
registration form whether you wish to use these means of  transport.   Bus 
will leave from Smoluchowskiego Street, No 23 (the  entrance  to  the  A-3 
building of Wroclaw University of Technology ) on July 1-st at 3 PM and it 
will make a stop at the Wroclaw  airport  at  approximately  4  PM.   More 
precise bus schedule will be announced on our www page in June.

                                ABSTRACTS
Abstracts of all lectures and posters should be submitted before  May  22, 
1999, in a camera-ready form, in duplicate. Abstracts will  be  reproduced 
as submitted. 
Instructions: 1 page of the A4 format (21x29.7 cm).  Please,  leave  4  cm 
margin on top and at least 2.5 cm margins on the remaining sides. Use font 
Times New Roman with 12  points and 1.5 line spacing.  Type  the 
ABSTRACT TITLE in capitals and center it, leave two empty lines  and  type 
the names of the authors (also  centered).  The  name  of  the  presenting 
author should be underlined. 
Type (using italic font) the affiliations and full mailing  addresses.   A 
sample abstract will be available at our www site. Please, send abstracts
by conventional mail and avoid FAX or e-mail.
          Abstracts should be sent to the following address:
                     Prof. J.P. Hawranek
                     Institute of Chemistry,
                     University of Wroclaw,
                     F. Joliot -Curie 14,
                     50-383 WROCLAW, POLAND

                     INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTATIONS
Overhead and slide projectors will be available  for  oral  presentations. 
The  use  of  other  presentation  devices  must  be  consulted  with  the 
organizers at least three weeks prior to the conference. Each poster  will 
be provided with a 1.2 x 1.0 meter  board.  Poster  materials   should  be 
mounted with tape only.  The  posters  will  be  displayed  during  entire 
conference in the hall adjoining the lecture room. Special session will be 
arranged prior to the poster session to allow for optional (2-5 min)  oral 
presentation (subject and main results). 

                      MANUSCRIPTS
All participants are invited to submit manuscripts on the arrival, at  the 
conference registration desk. Manuscripts should be prepared according  to 
the   instructions   mailed   to   all   registered   participants    (see 
also:http://www.elsevier.nl:80/)  and  will   be   subject   to   standard 
refereeing procedure.  All  accepted  contributions  will  appear  in  the 
special  volume   of   Computers   &   Chemistry   international   journal 
(Pergamon-Elsevier).  Proceedings  from  the  previous  meetings   already 
appeared as vol. 19(3) in 1995 and 22(1) in 1998.

                      REGISTRATION
Final registration should be made on the enclosed application form and 
must be returned before May 15-th, 1999 (please use air-mail or Fax)
to: 
            prof. Danuta Michalska (CC '99)
            Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, I-5
            Wroclaw University of Technology
            Wyb. Wyspianskiego 27, 
            50-370 Wroclaw, Poland

            Fax:      +48-(71)-328-4330 
            tel.      +48-(71)-320-3759
            e-mail: [email-masked]

                       CONFERENCE FEE
The conference fee includes accommodation in Granit (Krus)  hotel  (double 
room), all meals and  coffee  breaks,  and  all  social  events  including 
Conference Dinner and excursions. Accommodation is commencing with  a  get 
together reception on the evening of July  1-st,  and  ending  with  lunch 
on Tuesday, July 6-th 1999. 
Active participants:    450 US $        Accompanying persons    200 US $ 

The payment of the registration fee must be made BEFORE May 15-th, 1999 to: 

                Bank Zachodni S.A. II O/Wroclaw
                account no. 11201665-3418-131-3000-412791/I-30/W-3
Bank transfers should clearly indicate the name of participant and the 
conference
              CC '99/Workshop Account No. 412-791.
Number of participants is limited.

                              EXCURSIONS
  Two optional excursions are planned on July 4 (Sunday) from 9 AM till 6 PM.
Please indicate your choice on the enclosed final registration form.
- by bus: to the Piast Castle in Ksiaz and Cistercian Monastery in Krzeszow
  (lunch in Cistercian abbey).
- mountain trip: chair lift from Karpacz to Mt Kopa, then on foot to 
  Mt Sniezka (optional), Samotnia (lunch) and Bierutowice (Wang Stave Church).

                       CC'99 & WORKSHOP ON INTERNET
Current information will be available on the www pages:

             http://ciamajda.ch.pwr.wroc.pl/cc99.html

together with the up-to-date list of lectures and  registered  participant
names and their e-mail addresses

         INSTRUCTIONS  FOR  PREPARATION  OF  CAMERA - READY  ABSTRACTS
           OF CONTRIBUTIONS  TO  "COMPUTERS  IN  CHEMISTRY  '99 " 

                    J.P. Hawranek*  and  D. Michalska**  

               *Institute of Chemistry, University of Wroclaw,
      50-383 Wroclaw, F. Joliot - Curie 14, Poland
  **Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Wroclaw University of Technology,
     Wyb. Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw, Poland

        Abstracts (in English) of all lectures and other contribued 
papers will be printed before the Conference and the Book of Abstracts 
will be included in the registration kit.
Camera - ready abstracts - up to 1 page of the A4 format - should be sent to:
 Prof. J.P. Hawranek, Institute of Chemistry, 
 University of Wroclaw, 50-383  WROCLAW, ul. F. Joliot - Curie 14,  Poland

 by  May 22,  1999.  Please observe this deadline, since it will be impossible 
to include your abstract after this date.
 The heading of the summary should include the title in capitals, followed by 
the name and affiliation of the Author as in a typical paper (as shown above). 
If the paper is contributed  by several Authors, the name of the presenting
Author should be underlined. 
   Please leave 4 cm margin on the top and 2.5 cm margins on remaining sides. 
Please type the abstract on white paper using a good  quality  printer to 
ensure good contrast, with 1.5 line spacing, using font Times New Roman 
with 12 points. Figures or tables not incorporated in the text should be
fixed with transparent glue (do not use tape). Avoid photographs or 
color figures. References should be cited in brackets [ 1 ].
        The abstracts will be published on the responsibility of the Authors. 
No revision or editing of the text will be made. Please donot send abstracts
by FAX or e-mail. 
                           REFERENCES
[ 1 ] J. W.  Cooley  and  J. W.  Tukey,  Math. Comp. 19, 297 ( 1965).

                    FINAL REGISTRATION FORM

               5-th Conference "COMPUTERS IN CHEMISTRY" and 
    Polish-American Workshop July 1-6, 1999, Szklarska Poreba, Poland

                (Please complete in block letters)
Last Name:............................
First Name:...........................
Title:................................
Mr [  ]    Miss/Mrs [ ]
 Name(s) of accompanying person(s):............................
 Address:......................................................
...............................................................
...............................................................
        
Tel............................... Fax.........................

E-mail.........................................................  

---------------------------------------------------------------
                  POSTER PRESENTATION
Title of poster presentation:..................................
...............................................................
...............................................................
        
Author(s)......................................................
        
             (underline the presenting author)

Preferred form of presentation:
   Poster only [  ]
   Additional oral presentation of poster  (2-5 min, optional) [ ]
---------------------------------------------------------------
                PLENARY LECTURE
Title of lecture...............................................        
...............................................................
...............................................................        
Author(s)......................................................       
          (underline the presenting author)
(due to time limitations, organizing committee reserves the right to  
change the oral presentation into poster preceded with short oral 
presentation) 

Special equipment required for presentation:.................... 
----------------------------------------------------------------
Do you intend to submit manuscript for publication in the special 
issue of "Computers & Chemistry" Journal? [Yes/No]
Approximate number of pages 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Planned arrival in Wroclaw:              date..... hour......
        in Szklarska Poreba:             date..... hour......   
Planned departure from Szklarska Poreba: date..... hour......   
        departure from Wroclaw:          date..... hour......   

Requested bus transportation Wroclaw - Szklarska Poreba :
 July 1, 3 PM, Smoluchowskiego 23, Wroclaw       .......... seats 
 July 1, 4 PM, Wroclaw airport                   .......... seats
Requested bus transportation Szklarska Poreba - Wroclaw
 July 6, 3 PM - Granit Hotel                     .......... seats 

Additional hotel accommodation in Wroclaw (if necessary, at own expense). 
Please specify dates:..........................................
        
Room reservation in Granit Hotel: 
single [  ]    double [  ] triple [ ] quadruple  [ ] room
 preferentially with..........................   
(due to very limited number of available single rooms, most of participants 
will be accommodated in double rooms, e-mail addresses of the remaining 
participants will be available on our www page)

Two optional excursions are planned on July 4-th (Sunday) from 9 AM till 6 PM,
please indicate your choice:
[  ] Piast Castle in Ksiaz and the Cistercian Monastery in Krzeszow with
     lunch in Cistercian abbey
[  ] mountain trip: chair lift from Karpacz to Mt Kopa, then on foot to
     Mt Sniezka (optional), Samotnia (lunch), Bierutowice (Wang Stave Church)
[  ] individual plans, lunch in Granit Hotel

Registration fee:.......US $    has been transferred on............. date

Signature:.................. Date:...................

Please, send this by air-mail or Fax or e-mail before May 15-th, 1999 to: 

               Prof. D. Michalska
               Institute of Inorganic Chemistry I-5
               Wroclaw University of Technology
               Wyb. Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 WROCLAW, POLAND

               FAX +48-71-328-4330, tel. +48-71-320-3759 
               e-mail: [email-masked]