Subject: multi-processors and memory

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:54:15 -0400

Hi folks

This might be a little out of context but if someone could just point me

in the right direction it would be great.

I have a SGI OCTANE with 2 processors (and 1.5 GB of memory).  I am not
running any parallel
applications and do not think runnign parallel versions would give me an
advantage with just 2
processors, but is there any way I can assign a processor to e.g. a
gamess run (which is where I need that capability the most)?  Right now
I have two charmm runs
underway and one gamess run.  While the overall operation of my computer
is nto significantly affected,
I do not like the CPU utilization which is currently ~75% each for the
charmm runs and 21% for the
GAMESS run (at least that is what gr_top reports).  Any idea how I can
make GAMESS utilize more of
the CPU?  Is this a problem in my GAMESS input file ( I am new to
ab-inito stuff) or is there something I can do to teh computer?

If someone can refer me to a good resource it would be great.

Thanks

Deepak.

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry   Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************