Subject: summary of teaching material

From: Maija Lahtela <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:35:08 +0300

Hello all,

Thank you all for these web-pages  dealing with teaching material for
computational chemistry. I rwally appreciate your help. I have spend days
just by wondering your beautiful pages. 

Thanks specially for Greg, Alex MacKerell, Kimberley Cousins, Donald B.
Boyd, I.Novak 
and Frank. Thanks also John Marelius of summary about "Molecular modelling
software in education".

I have also some link that I want to share with you.
Nice demos for PC; http://www.jbpub.com/disks/chemdownload.htm.
Practical exercises in quantum chemistry,
http://www.scsc.ethz.ch/~chem/QCII/qcii.html
What's new in chemistry
http://wwwsci.lib.uci.edu/~martindale/GradChemistry.html#WHATNEW 
Silicon graphics teaching laboratory http://www.ch.cam.ac.uk/SGTL/
******************************************************************

there are some "self-paced" courses available from NetScience. See:
http://www.netsci.org/

regards,
Greg
*********************************************************
check the course my web page.  
http://www.pharmacy.ab.umd.edu/~alex/www_alex/p531_syllabus.html
it contains links to a variety of lecture notes, including  Target Based
Rational Drug Discovery which is a low level intro to comp. chemistry and
 Lab 2. Drug molecular modeling which is a computer based lab that uses
the ChemSite program (although
any modeling program would work).

Alex
**********************************************************
there's some stuff on my compchem page

Soaring Bear Ph.D. Research Pharmacologist, Informatics,
Chemistry & Biochemisty, Herbalist & Healthy Lifestyles
http://www.dakotacom.net/~bear
http://www.amfoundation.org
************************************************************
You might check out my web page (chem 500 during the 97/98 AY and my
"cheminternet98 poster" describing my course). There are numerous 
links to other resources on the internet, as well as a few
developed locally. Actually, several of the
vendors have good stuff too--Wavefunction (Spartan family) and CAChe come
to mind. You might search the online indices of J. Chem. Educ. as The
Chemical Educator as well.

[email-masked]
http://chem.csusb.edu/~kcousins
**************************************************************
Self tutorials about computational chemistry and molecular modeling can be
found in many chapters of Reviews in Computational Chemistry.  Take at
look at
our website (http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html) for the topics covered.

I hope you find them useful.

Donald B. Boyd
********************************************************
I teach quantum chemistry in my Dept. and I find articles 
in J.Chem.Educ. to be very useful. You can use their on-line search
facility to find specific topics. 
As an example I can also suggest(somewhat immodestly) that you 
look at my article in J.Chem.Educ.vol.76 (1999) 135. 

Bookwise, as a primer I would warmly recommend
the book by J.M.Goodman, Chemical Applications of Molecular Modelling,
published by Royal Society of Chemistry 1998 (ISBN 0-85404-579-1).

I.Novak
********************************************************
I have collected some, and made links to others:
http://bogense.chem.ou.dk/~icc

        If you get other useful responses I'll appreciate
if you send a copy to me.
        Frank

**********************************************************

Yours Sincerely,

Maija Lahtela-Kakkonen

***************************************
Maija Lahtela-Kakkonen
Researcher
CSC-Center for Scientific Computing
Tekniikantie 15 a D
P.O.Box 405
FIN-02101 ESPOO FINLAND
TEL 358-9-4572079
FAX 358-9-4572302
E-MAIL [email-masked]
***************************************