Subject: MPQC

From: "Fred P. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:19:28 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

We've recently found the program MPQC (Massively Parallel Quantum
Chemistry) by Curtis Janssen, et al., and some of the researchers (read:
graduate students) expressed an interest in it, due its support for
distributed parallel architecutures using MPI, excellent (theoretical)
scaling, and the use of the GNU Public License. (We have a strong Debian
movement at U. of C.)

However, the code seems to have frozen two years ago, the C++ is already
succumbing to software rot, and the authors are uncontactable.  Has anyone
done any work on this package, or know its present status?  Under the GPL,
we could theoretically start banging on it (at least move it from libg++
to libstdc++), but I'd like to know what its authors' plans are first.

							-Fred 

  Sb: Antimony                   Frederick P. Arnold, Jr.  
    Mass: 121.75                 Advanced Research Systems@U. Chicago      
    MP: 630.5 Deg C              5640 S. Ellis Ave             
    Electronegativity: 1.82      Chicago, IL 60637