Subject: Fwd: FORTRAN (was: CCL:news group)

From: Jochen Kuepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 13:09:28 +0200

On Fre, 07 Mai 1999 you wrote:

>I have a Fortran code, it runs ok when the dimension of array is small,
>but gives Segmentation fault when the array is large. Compile does not
>show prblem though.

Probably these are automatic variables ?
Then you have to increase you stack size or to use a compiler flag to allocate
automatic variables on the heap.
For the first way you have to be sysadmin on many systems, the second way is
not feasible with all compilers :-)

Greetings,
Jochen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jochen Küpper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf     [email-masked]
  Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
  Universitätsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29     phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 Düsseldorf                             fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------