Subject: Re: CCL:news group

From: Sergei Tretiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:40:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Jian,

There may be several reasons for segmentation fault. Apart from some bugs 
in the code, first, try to compile your code with "-static" keyword (the 
syntax depends from your compiler) and see whether it helps. Next you 
could try to compile with "-check-bounds" keyword (again, look for the 
correct syntax for your compiler).

 Hopefully this will help before you will start hunting for the bugs.

			Sergei

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
|\  / \	|		Sergei Tretiak                          | / \  /| 
|.\/...\|.......................................................|/...\/.|
| Department of Chemistry     | Voice: (716) 275-8289                   |
| University of Rochester     | Fax:   (716) 473-6889                   | 
| P. O. Box 270216            | E-mail: [email-masked]  |
| Rochester, NY 14627-0216    |         [email-masked]  |
|    Homepage: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/serg/welcome.html       |
|_______________________________________________________________________|

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Jian Wang wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I have a Fortran code, it runs ok when the dimension of array is small,
> but gives Segmentation fault when the array is large. Compile does not
> show prblem though.
> 
> Does anyone know a debug utility in Fortran,  like gdb in C.
> 
> 
> jwang
> 
> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
>