Subject: 8th CCTCC Conference

From: [email-masked] (Jerzy Leszczynski)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 14:53:46 -0500 (CDT)

April 26, 1999

Dear Colleague:

 We are pleased to announce the eighth conference on Current Trends in
Computational Chemistry. This symposium, organized by Jackson State  University,
will cover all areas of computational chemistry as well as quantum chemistry. The
local host of the conference is the US Army Corps of Engineers Waterways
Experiment Station (WES) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
 The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, Mississippi (40 miles
west of Jackson) on November 5th and 6th, 1999. The format consists of a series of
plenary lectures and poster presentations  on Friday and Saturday covering
applications as well as theory. In addition, a banquet is scheduled for Friday
evening and a dinner and reception for Saturday evening.
 The 8th conference will also feature another talk given in the ancillary "Noble
Lecture Series." This series was initiated during the 6th CCTCC by a remarkable
presentation by Istvan Hargittai entitled "The Molecules Among Us: Conversations
with Famous Chemists" and followed by a lecture "Past and Future of the Fullerene
Story" delivered by Eiji Osawa during the 7th CCTCC. The lectures in this series
are presented in a relaxed, after-dinner atmosphere by the noble speakers and are
devoted to noble scientific events and people. As such, it is an exceptional
lecture to the conference and, contrary to the regular talks, might not
necessarily report any Current findings. This year the talk will be delivered by
Michael Kasha, Florida State University.
 We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pagers each) of all
invited talks and poster presentations. Original scientific contributions will be
published in a special issue of the Journal of Molecular Structure (TEOCHEM).
Manuscripts for inclusion in the special issue should be submitted in triplicate
upon arrival at the registration desk. Submitted papers will be subject to the
journal's standard referee procedures.

Sincerely,

Jerzy Leszczynski
Chairman of the Organizing Committee

     8th CONFERENCE ON

   Current Trends In Computational Chemistry

   NOVEMBER 5 & 6, 1999, Vicksburg, Mississippi

1. NAME:________________________________________________________________________

2. MAILING ADDRESS:_____________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

TELEPNONE:_______________FAX:_______________E-MAIL:_______________________

2. If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title below. All abstracts
are due by September 1, 1999 (up to 4 pagers in length, presenting author
underlined, photo ready quality, in duplicate) to ensure publication in the
Conference Materials.

TITLE:__________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS: _______________________________________________________________________

3. Conference materials, banquet and reception fee, all meals from breakfast
Friday through dinner Saturday, coffee, and refreshments are included per paid
participant.

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Current Trends in Computational Chemistry.

Registration fee before September 1, 1999 US$ 150.00 $_____

Registration fee thereafter    200.00 $_____

Registration fee at student discount  75.00  $_____

4. HOUSING: the organizers will not make housing reservations.  To reserve a room
at the special conference rate of $50.00-$60.00 per room, contact the Holiday Inn
of Vicksburg, 3330 Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180, Tel: (601) 636-4551, fax:
(601) 636-4552. Reservations should be arranged with the Holiday Inn prior to
October 10, 1999.

I do____do not____plan to stay at the conference hotel

I do____do not____plan to submit a paper to the special issue of TEOCHEM

      ________________

      Signature

         http://tiger.jsums.edu/~cctcc/conf_ homepage.html
 Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
 Conference Chairman: Jerzy Leszczynski, Tel: 601-973-3482,
 Email: jerzy2.iris5.jsums.edu;
 Conference Secretary: Ms. Shonda R. Allen, Tel: 601-973-3723, Email:
[email-masked]

                                  List of Invited Speakers

 Misako Aida                          Hiroshima University

 Isaac B. Bersuker                    The University of Texas at Austin

 Ernest Roy Davidson                  Indiana University

 Martin Field                         Institut de Biologie Structurale-Jean-
                                         Pierre Ebel

 William L. Jorgensen                 Yale University

 Michael Kasha                        Florida State University

 Morris Krauss                        Center for Advanced Research in
                                         Biotechnology

 Jan Labanowski                       Ohio Supercomputer Center

 Mark Olson                           USAMRIID, Frederick

 Mario Raimondi                       Universita' di Milano

 George Ch. Schatz                    Northwestern  University

 Ajit J. Thakkar                      University of New Brunswick

 Harel Y. Weinstein                   Mount Sinai School of Medicine