Subject: WORKSHOP: DEVELOPING AND USING PC CLUSTERS AS A BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH TOOL

From: Craig M Sager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 15:22:38 -0400

The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center's Biomedical Initiative will be 
offering the following NIH-sponsored training workshop: 

DEVELOPING AND USING PC CLUSTERS AS A BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH TOOL

Workshop Dates: June 17-19, 1999.  Application deadline:  May 20, 1999

This workshop is designed to assist biomedical researchers who are 
interested in establishing a PC cluster for use by their laboratory. 
The workshop will address software and hardware topics encountered in 
the process of building, operating and managing a PC cluster. In
addition,
software development issues will also be described. Topics of discussion 
will include: "What do you need to consider when creating an operating
environment?" "How to select System Software?" "How to Administer the 
Cluster?" "What applications are appropriate?" and "How to get the best
performance for your money?"

Full details, including on-line applications and financial support, may 
be found on the PSC Web site:

        http://www.psc.edu/biomed/workshops/workshops.html

The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center's Biomedical Initiative is an NIH 
Supported Resource Center.