Subject: Decomposition of Ca(HCO3)2

From: Klaus Hermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 12:01:00 +0200 (MSZ)

Dear collegues,

a company claims that the calciumbicarbonate decomposition

   Ca(HCO3)2 -> CaCO3 + CO2 + H2O

can be facilitated by strong magnetic fields which I think is nonsense. Did
anyone hear anything about this phenomenon? Are there any explanations 
arund that may prove that I am ignorant?

Thanks for your help. I will summarize.

-- 
Klaus Hermann                        Berlin, May 15, 1999

===========================================================================
 Prof.Dr. K. Hermann                    Tel.: [+49]-30-8413-4812/3 (office)
 Abt. Theorie, Fritz-Haber-Institut           [+49]-30-8413-4702   (secrt.)
 Faradayweg 4-6                         Fax.: [+49]-30-8413-4701        
 D-14195 Berlin   
 Germany 

 e-mail:   [email-masked]
    WWW:   http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/th/member/hermann_k.html
===========================================================================