Subject: Using Li Parameters with MOPAC under Linux

From: "Martin Adler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 09:42:04 MDT

Dear CCLers,

after having installed MOPAC7 under Linux I encounter a severe 
problem: Although the program works properly I am not able to include 
external parameters (e. g. for Li) as I used to be able under 
Windows/DOS by specifying the keyword EXTERNAL=<file> where <file> is 
the name of the parameter file in the same directory as the input and 
output files. MOPAC7 just doesn't find the parameters under 
Linux that way!
How can I solve this problem without recompiling MOPAC7 under Linux 
(i. e. just using the already compiled program with external 
parameters)?

Thank you very much in advance
 Martin Adler
 [email-masked]
 Fachbereich Chemie
 Philipps-Universitaet Marburg
 Hans-Meerwein-Strasse
 D-35039 Marburg
 Germany