Subject: About Chem2Pac...

From: Márcio Cyrillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:56:52 -0300

Dear CCLers,

    I would like to acknowledge everyone that has been trying to
download and installChem2Pac on their computers. Just a few
considerations about it:
    1. I know my server is slow, could anyone please tell me how can I
put the distribution files on CCL archive? Other repositories are
welcome as well;
    2. Chem2Pac will replace only OLD MICROSOFT system files. It is
SAFE, very safe indeed and also recommended to replace them, as long as
you trust Microsoft;
    3. Some Win95 systems will have problems registering some DLLs and
ActiveX needed for C2P to run. In this case, just e-mail me and I will
be glad to solve your problem.
    4. I received some suggestions and I will think about them when I
have time to do so, thanks. The most urgent for the time being is that
C2P expects that MOPAC output files have .arc (for012) and .mno (for006)
extensions. I was told that some MOPAC.EXE for windows have .out
extension instead of .arc, so C2P will not find them at the end of a
calculation if you replace C2P mopac by your own executable. I will put
an option on the program for the user to choose the file extensions and
so they will be able use any MOPAC.EXE they want.
    5. The user can check for new versions of C2P inside it, just
proceed to the menu view->options and then click on the setup tab.

    Thanks,

Marcio Cyrillo.