Subject: Ring discovery algorithm

From: "Mark Thompson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:31:08 -0700

A few years back, someone described a nice algorithm for discovering rings in molecular
systems.

If you recall this article, or just the authors, or any useful bit of information, would you 
please reply to me?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Thompson
[email-masked]

---

From: Joerg Weiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:22:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark,

an algorithm for the detection of the smallest set of smallest rings
(SSSR) is described in weiser, holthausen, fitjer, j comput chem 1997, 18,
1264-1281 and references therein.

hope it helps,
joerg

---

From: Renzo Balducci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:42:32 -0500

> Mark Thompson wrote:

"Efficient Exact Solution of the Ring Perception Problem"
R.Balducci and R.S.Pearlman, J.Chem.Inf.Comput.Sci. 1994, 34, 822-831

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Renzo Balducci                            [email-masked]
Research Associate & System Manager       [email-masked]
College of Pharmacy                       Voice: (512) 471-8509
Univ. of Texas --- Austin, TX 78712         FAX: (512) 471-7474
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We are perhaps not far removed from the time when we shall be able to 
submit the bulk of chemical phenomena to calculation." Gay-Lussac (1808)

     ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
 ++++ if you agree copy these 3 sentences in your own sig ++++
++++ see: http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm ++++

---

From: Huixiao Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:45:05 -0400

> If you recall this article, or just the authors, or any useful bit of information, would you 

Hi, Mark,

Please check:

Hong Huixiao and Xin Xinquan, "ESSESA: An Expert System for Structure
Elucidation from Spectra Analysis. 2. A Novel Algorithm of Perception
of the Linear Independent Smallest Set of Smallest Rings", Analytica
Chimica Acta, 1992, 262(2), 179-191.

Huixiao