Subject: Gaussian AIM Calculation Failure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:01:21 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to perform an Atoms in Molecules analysis on quite a large
molecule (330 basis functions) using Gaussian 94.  Unfortunately, the
calculation bombs out with the message:

"II-1. RING POINTS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Ring                     Cartesian Coordinates          Attractors
                       X          Y          Z
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
1 ( 5-membered)    2.110874  -4.415428  -1.770759       1   2   3   5  50

Irreparable ring damage: the gap cannot be bridged
Error termination via Lnk1e in /scratch3/g94/l609.exe."

Can anyone suggest a cure?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Rogers