Subject: SUMMARY: Images and Multimedia for Quantum Chemistry

From: John Kerkines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:25:47 +0300 (EET DST)

A couple of weeks ago I posted the following question:

> Dear CCL members,
> 
> Can anybody point me to any links or Internet Resources that have
> available images, videos etc. regarding special topics in quantum
> chemistry like, Hartree-Fock, CI, Basis Sets, etc.

The responses were overwhelming! Thanks a lot to everybody who sent me
links. Most links were associated with computational rather than pure
quantum chemistry. Nevertheless, I was asked more than once to summarize
to the list, so here it goes: 

First of all thanks for the links to:

Mao from China
Jolanta Latosinska
Miroslava Culf
Jean-Francois Truchon
Mark Thompson
Soaring Bear

Instead of quoting each one of the replies, I created a small summary:

From all of the links, I found two which I consider the best:

o Kent Wilson's Group Home Page
http://www-wilson.ucsd.edu/
...which I think is the best regarding undergraduate level physical and
general chemistry (lots of images, videos etc.)

o Mike Colvin's Introduction to Quantum Chemistry
http://gutenberg.llnl.gov/~colvin/intro/intro.html
...which I think is the best regarding graduate level quantum chemistry
(it's a whole book, with diagrams, images, refs etc.)

Here are some others:

o The Molecular Modeling Group in Italy
http://antas.agraria.uniss.it/
...here you can find much stuff, and lots of links.

o Overview of Molecular Forces in Relation to Protein Structure
http://www.biochemistry.bham.ac.uk/osmart/course/os_molf.html
...Quantum Chemistry tutorials, images, very good protein-oriented site.

o Computational Chemistry and Organic Synthesis
http://www.caos.kun.nl/~borkent/compcourse/comp.html
...maybe the best regarding Transition States, with images.

o ACCVIP in Australia
http:/www.chem.swin.edu.au/
...lots of topics, images of molecules etc.

o Molecular Simulations Inc. (Commercial Site)
http://www.msi.com/
...some high-quality images available in their gallery (especially
proteins and solid state stuff)

o Department of Chemistry at Imperial College, UK.
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/
...lots and lots of links, but more computational rather than quantum
chemical resources.

o Martin Leboeuf's page
http://www.cerca.umontreal.ca/~leboeuf/
...few but good quality images of molecules etc, and a video of an MD
simulation.

o Soaring Bear's Computational Chemistry page
http://www.dakotacom.net/~bear/
...lots of links to computational chemistry resources

and last, Soaring Bear also gave me a link to a herb search engine which I think is
worth mentioning:
http://www.amfoundation.org/herbmed.htm

Thanks a lot again, I hope this list will grow soon.

************************************************************
* Ioannis S. Kerkines                                      *
* M.Sc. Student in Physical Chemistry                      *
* Department of Chemistry / University of Athens           *
* Panepistimiopolis      Tel: ++30 1 727-4569, 727-4551    *
* Zografou, 157 10       FAX: ++30 1 723-3219 (attn:)      *
* HELLAS (Greece)        Email: [email-masked]   *
************************************************************