Subject: ACS Symposium: COMP METHODS IN ENVIRONMENTAL CHEM

From: Steve Cabaniss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:29:04 -0400

COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
                       Division of Environmental Chemistry 
              219th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting
                              March 26-31, 2000
                              San Francisco, CA

Rapidly evolving progress in computer hardware and software has promoted the
application of sophisticated chemical models to complex environmental
problems. This symposium will showcase the application of computational
methods, including molecular modeling of pollutant properties and reactions,
kinetic simulations of complex reactions, and aqueous equilibrium modeling.
Oral presentations will emphasize A) novel algorithms and models which could
be applied to environmental problems, B) models and algorithms first applied
to environmental problems in the last five years and C) prospective
environmental applications for which only preliminary results are available. 

Short abstracts (required by ACS) and extended abstracts no longer than 4
pages (required by the Division of Environmental Chemistry, see divisional
web page http://gemini.tntech.edu/~mjw5030/acspage.html) must be submitted
by November 3, 1999 to: 

                          Steve Cabaniss 
                          Department of Chemistry 
                          Kent State University 
                          Kent, OH 44242 
                          (330)672-3731 
                          FAX (330)672-3816 
                          email: [email-masked]

Steve Cabaniss
Chemistry Dept.
Kent State University
Kent, OH  44242
(330) 672-3731