Subject: Advice for a beginner.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 11:52:58 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
 I've completed my Bachelors in Chemistry.I've always had an interest in
quantum mechanics and physical chemistry in general.I'm also interested in
computer programming.For some time I was wondering as to how I could
combine both my interests.Around 3 o 4 months back I joined this list and
since then I've been 'lurking'.From what little I understand it seems that
this topic would enable me to combine both my passions.
I will now be starting my Masters (at IIT Kharagpur) and I'd be really
grateful if anybody could advise me on how to get into the subject of
Molecular Mechanics/Modeling and general computational chemistry.
I would like to do a thesis on some area of computational chem. for my
Masters and maybe pursue a PhD.But before all that I'd like some
information on the subject and some pointers (online would be nice) as to
what it involves,what's the applications and basically in which direction
should I focus on during my course to go deeper into this topic.

TIA,
Bye,
Rajarshi
<[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------
Do molecular biologists wear designer genes ??
----------------------------------------------
Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic.
         -- Arthur C. Clarke
-----------------------------------------------