Subject: NT queueing

From: Andreas Goeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:36:16 +0200

Dear CCLers,

is there anybody who knows about or has something like a queueing system
for W95/98/NT, something that accepts jobs, stores them and executes
them one after another, like gNQS or others do in UNIX?

Or, is there somebody who has ported Gamess to Linux so it works better
than in NT. The PCGamess page suggests to run it under Linux in the wine
emulator environment.

To summarize, I look for queued execution of Gamess on PC.
-- 
                                Andreas Goeller

---------------------------------------------------------------
   Dr. Andreas Goeller       Institut fuer Physikalische Chemie
                               Friedrich-Schiller-Universitaet
                                       Lessingstr. 10
phone: +49(0)-3641-948352               D-07743 Jena
  fax: +49(0)-3641-948302 (secretary)     Germany
email: [email-masked]
http://www.uni-jena.de/chemie/photo/goeller/goeller.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
   Dr. Andreas Goeller   ehemals Computer Chemie Centrum

email: [email-masked]
http://www.organik.uni-erlangen.de/clark/goeller/goeller.html
---------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Gerardo González Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 18:40:02 -0400 (CDT)

Dear Andreas,

During two-three months I had the same problem, but it is ease to solve,
just create a batch (.BAT) file with the adecuate sequence of task you 
want to perform an run this file and you will obtain the desired results,
you can make this file with a small program write in C, Pascal or even in
Basic, collecting each input file in a given directory.

for example I run my MOPAC calculations using this file (his name is 
mopac.bat)
ECHO ***************** MOPAC RUNNING **************
mopac <<mydata1.txt
mopac <<mydata2.txt
.
.
.

*********************** FINISH **********************

where mydata1.txt (and mydata2.txt also ) are text files with the
following content:

mydata?
y

because with the .BAT file I state to the OS that execute MOPAC
redirecting the keyboard input to mydata1.txt and mydata2.txt files, MOPAC
program (my version) just ask for an input file (mydata?.txt) and if I
want to display the results.

I have a Pascal source code to make the batch and the *.txt files
automatically, just you need to put all the desired input files in a given
subdirectory and to run that program.

Good luck
Gerardo.

-------------------------OOOooooOOO-------------------------------------
                   |                        | e-mail:
Gerardo Gonzalez   |  Dpto. de Quimica      | [email-masked]
Prof. of Chemistry |  Univ. de Camaguey     | or:
                   |  C. Circunv km 5 1/2   | [email-masked]
                   |  Camaguey 74650, Cuba  |
------------------------<>--------<>-------------------------------------

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Andreas Goeller wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
>