Subject: Compiling Rasmol for Linux

From: Bjoern Rabenstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:49:38 +0200

Hi!

Has anybody managed to compile rasmol on Linux 2.2.x with egcs?

We have just tried to compile Rasmol26b2 (and also Rasmol26b1) and got
the following error message:
rasmol.c:46: sys/termio.h: No such file or directory

We simply tried to link /usr/include/sys/termio.h to
/usr/include/termio.h.
Then we got the following error messages:

rasmol.c: In function `OpenConnection':
rasmol.c:329: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
rasmol.c: In function `CloseConnection':
rasmol.c:345: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
rasmol.c: In function `InitTerminal':
rasmol.c:392: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
rasmol.c:392: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
rasmol.c:393: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
rasmol.c:399: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
rasmol.c:409: invalid use of undefined type `struct fd_set'
[...]

What's the trick here?

Thanks for any help!
-- 
__ \__\__ \ Bjoern Rabenstein * PhD student * Freie Universitaet Berlin
__\___\__\_\ Inst. f. Kristallographie * Takustrasse 6 * D-14195 Berlin
  \   \  \ \\ [email] [email-masked]  [phone] +49-30-838-3484
[WWW] http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/~rabe/  [fax] +49-30-838-3464