Subject: Tinker problems

From: "Dr. Sudhir A. Kulkarni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 09:08:16 +0530

Hello,
    I am a new user of Tinker program and trying to get optimized
structure of test
molecule Triglycine (NH2-CH2-CO-NH-CH2-CO-NH-CH2-COOH) with different
force fields available with the program.  Unfortunately, I was
successful only with
MM2 force field.  For all other FF, there was either some of the bond
angle or
torsional parameter said to be undefined.  Can any one suggest, what is
a way out for this
problem?
    Another question is : how all MM programs in commercial softwares
get parameters
for all types of bonding? (Atleast they don't terminate saying ---
parameter not found!).
Thanks in advance.

Sudhir Kulkarni