Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 20:14:48 +0000

Hello CCLers -

This is an announcement of the availability of a new molecular modeling
program - Biomer - that is accessible over the web.  It should be useful 
as an educational tool as well as a means to generate structures quickly 
and easily.  It is written in Java, and version 1.0a has the following 
features:

Model Builders for:
    nucleic acids (DNA/RNA)
    polypeptides
    polysaccharides
Interactive molecule editor with fragment libraries
Implementation of the AMBER force field
Geometry Optimization with steepest descent / conjugate gradient
Simulated Annealing with molecular dynamics
Reads / Writes PDB files
Exports jpeg, gif, and ppm images

It is located at http://www.scripps.edu/~nwhite/Biomer/index.html

Regards,
Neill K. White