Subject: Annual Review of Chemical Resources on the Internet

From: Shu-Kun Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:05:43 +0200

I would like to invite you to contribute short papers
for presentation at ECSOC-3
(http://www.mdpi.org/ecsoc-3.htm section E) and
for publication in a special issue (December 1999)
"Annual Review of Chemical Resources on the Internet" of
MOLECULES (http://www.mdpi.org/molecules/). Any suggestions
are welcomed.

Titles and Topics are

Links for Chemists
  Main website: http://www.liv.ac.uk/Chemistry/Links/links.html
  Author(s): Michael H. Barker <[email-masked]>
Online-only Journals Monitored by Chemical Abstracts
  Main website: http://www.cas.org/EO/ejourn2.html
  Author(s): Nancy Simons <[email-masked]>
Web-Based 2D Structure Registration and Search
  Main website: http://www.mdpi.org/forum.htm#chemicals
  Author(s): (Shu-Kun Lin)
Online Accessible Chemical Databases
  Main website: http://www.mdpi.org/forum.htm#chemicals
  Author(s): (Shu-Kun Lin)
Other topics:
Electronic Conferences on Chemistry
Mailing Lists of Chemistry
Chemical Software (Several papers)
  Chemical Java Applets
  Web-Based Electronic Laboratory Notebook
Online Chemistry Books
  Web-Reprints of Classical Works
  New Web-Based Books

Databases, websites related to chemistry are very dynamic,
ever growing or updating. Let us have a snapshot once every year
so that some decades late, to say in 2100, our grand children
will have a chance to see how things on the then primitive
and exciting internet going. Internet is a large stride
of a revolution towards information freedom.

The "Annual Review of Chemical Resources on the Internet" also
serves as records of the overview of the work of
chemistry internet pioneers. 

Submitted papers can be stored locally on your server.
If possible, with the permission of the webmaster,
download and store the related websites and put
them into your local server

The style of the papers should be like that of
http://www.unibas.ch/mdpi/molecules/papers/30100016/30100016.htm
Try to gather all the links to the "References and Notes"
section.

The first one will be published as a special issue of Molecules
(http://mdpi.org/molecules/) in December 1999. If
it its volume is very large, we may treat it as an online
book.

Interested authors are invited to prepare a chapter. One
chapter in the final book is regarded as an independent
review paper for Molecules. please contact by e-mail with me
for further information.

Shu-Kun Lin
Managing Editor
Molecules (ISSN 1420-3049, CODEN: MOLEFW)
http://www.mdpi.org/molecules/