Subject: Again disk spliting problem

From: antonio morreale <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:03:53 -0700

Dear all,

Again I submit this problem to you. I'm performing a relative large g94
mp2 frequency job (223 basis functions). I was using %rwf line in the
following way:

%rwf=/home3/1,2GB,/home3/2,2GB,/home3/3,2GB,/home3/4,2GB,1,2GB,2,2GB,3,2GB

I was using 2GB files because my machine datasize limit, as suggested by
some colleges.

After the program crashed this is the actual status of the disks:

/dev/root                       xfs  4306568  3082600  1223968     72  /

/dev/dsk/dks1d1s7       xfs  8311856  4392596  3919260      53  /home2
/dev/dsk/dks1d2s7       xfs  8885572  8333396   552176       94  /home3

The enviromental variable GAUSS_SCRDIR is defined as follows in my
.cshrc file:

setenv GAUSS_SCRDIR /home3 No file to extend for IUnit=  1 -- out of
disk space.

This calculation is running with 512 MB RAM and takes till crashing
about 3-4 days.

The error I got is:

No file to extend for IUnit=  1 -- out of disk space.
 Error termination in NtrErr:
 NtrErr called from NtrExt.

Could some one give a hint of how to perform such calculation?

Thanks,

Antonio Morreale