Subject: molecular dynamics of charged solvated biosystems

From: Eugene Leitl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

I've finally gotten around putting some of the "pretty pictures" from
my Master's work (molecular dynamics of polylysine (chloride), lipid
bilayers using X-PLOR; EGO; VMD; rasmol on a Linux box) on a less
cranky server than liposome.genebee.msu.su:

	http://thematrix.acmecity.com/gift/202/

This work used Helmut Heller's work as a point of departure
http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~heller/membrane/membrane.html

Out of curiousity, has anybody used massively parallel DSP systems
since 

 A. Gunzinger, U.A. Müller, W. Scott, B. Bäumle, P. Kohler, H.R. vonder
 Mühll, F. Müller-Plathe, W.F. van Gunsteren, W. Guggenbühl Achieving
 Super Computer Performance with a DSP Array Processor IEEE Computer
 Society Press Reprint, Los Alamitos, 1992, pp. 543-550

It seems reasonably certain that particle-in-the-cell types of
algorithms like SPaSM

	http://ftp.swig.org/papers/sc96/INDEX.HTM
	
could greatly profit from good price/performance ratio of modern DSPs
(doing roughly one order of magnitude better than even Beowulfs).

Regards,
Eugene Leitl