Subject: GAMESS question

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:21:26 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am rather new to using GAMESS and have a quick question regarding
restart files.  The GAMESS manual says that the IREST option is
unreliable.  In what way is it unreliable?  Also, can one use IREST as
well as NSTEP for OPTIMIZE calculations?

I guess my main question is what is the best way to restart a
GAMESS calculation (using OPTIMIZE).

Thanks

Deepak.

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse               URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************