Subject: Re: CCL:Clustering

From: Jochen Kuepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2135 15:51:58 +0200

On Don, 29 Jul 1999 Mehnert Thomas wrote:
>Hi alltogether,
>
>I investigate clusters normally consisting of two to three molecules.
>But sometimes generation of clusters works well and sometimes not
>depending on the molecules I use. I think the problem is the process of
>creation the clusters during the expansion in the nozzle which depends
>probably on the geometry of the nozzle. Does anyone have
>an idea with respect to this problem or does anybody know a reference
>referring to this?

Well, although it is not computational chemistry :-!
Have you checked Scoles "Atomic and Molecular" beams book ?

There are also paper out that care about expansion conditions and
geometries - Lavalle (sp?) geometry, conical geometry, ...

If you get any interesting papers, please summarize to the list.
If you happen to find someone to build you these nozzles, please tell me
so. 

Btw: Have you asked Neusser ? He should now :-)

-- Jochen
 Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf          [email-masked]
 Institut für Physikalische Chemie I               phone ++49-211-8113681
 Universitätsstr. 26.43.02.29                      fax   ++49-211-8115195
 40225 Düsseldorf, Germany       www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen