From: "Stephen P. Molnar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 18:25:24 -0400

A colleague, who subscribes, received this missive a couple of days ago.
It would be a shame to see what is close to a venerable institution vanish.

INDIANA UNIVERSTTY

July 1,1999

DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY

Dear QCPE Member:                        .  .      . 

It is with mixed feelings that I must inform you that Richard Counts, who
has been the Director of the Quantum Chemistry Program Exchange (QCPE) for
nearly 25 years, will retire on July 31, 1999.

Since Richard has been the driving force behind QCPE for so many years, his
departure will necessitate a number of changes in the operation of this
service. I am evaluating several options related to the future management
and operation of QCPE. We hope to be able to provide you with services
somewhat similar to those previously available, but possibly in a webbased
Internet environment. I welcome your suggestions and thoughts on what you,
as a customer, consider appropriate and desirable. Information on changes
or temporary suspension of services will be available to customers on the
QCPE Web site at qcpe5.chem.indiana.edu

Richard has requested that there be no formal acknowledgement of his
retirement, but I'm sure that he would appreciate hearing from you as he
makes this transition.

Gary M. Hieftje

Distinguished Professor and Chairman

/jr

  CHAIRMAN'S OFFICE

Chemistry Building C125 
800 E. KirkwoodAve. 
Bloomington, Indiana 474054001

 8128556239 
Fax: 8128565050 Internet:
[email-masked]

__________________________________________________________________
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.						Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry						Stochastic and multivariant
http://web.jadeinc.com/FoundationChem