Subject: Interative method for large dense (sparse) linerar equat & eigen probs

From: Peter Zitnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:06:45 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear colleagues,
                           Recently I have developed a new iterative method
  for solving large dense (sparse) systems of linear equations and matrix
  eigenvalue problems resulting from the spectral solution of differential
  equations. The corresponding algorithm solves a dense system of linear
  equations of order m*n as a few partial systems of order n+m-1 and, con-
  sequently, for n >> m this algorithm needs m*m times less main computer
  memory than using a classical direct solver storing whole matrix of order
  m*n. The computational behaviour of this algorithm is examined by solving
  dense systems of linear equations up to the order 40000.

  If this method is of interest for you, let me know. I will send you the
  PostScript files of the corresponding articles by return of E-mail.

               With best regards,
                                   Dr. Peter Zitnan
                                   Computing Centre
                                   Slovak Academy of Sciences
                                   Dubravska cesta 9
                                   842 35 Bratislava
                                   SLOVAKIA
                                   //////////////////////////
                                   [email-masked]