Subject: Software to review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:22:32 -0400 (EDT)

August 16, 1999

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

     As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get
software for review in the journal.   I have one (1) new software product 
for review. I am looking for a person who is willing to
review this software product.  In return for the
review which is published in JCICS you get to keep the software
or database.  The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The
length of the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample
reviews can be found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

     Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person. DO NOT SAY YOU WILL REVIEW ANYTHING I HAVE
AVAILABLE.  Messages with such replies are trashed!

     I have tried this approach for about the past seven years and
it is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't
finished your reviews of software sent months and months ago,
this last sentence does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am
continuing this new method to find reviewers using this e-
mail/user group system.  I reserve the right to abandon this if
it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify people if I
have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

     As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message,
please do not respond after 20 August 1999 (Friday), as I am
sure the software will be gone by then.

     I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

     PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!  (I often send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

     Steve Heller

The package I now have is:

It is an HNMR and CNMR prediction software program that can be used with 
ISIS/Draw. It is from Upstream Solutions GmbH. Versions for Win NT and 
Win 95 are available. The person who will review the program will 
download it from the ChemChem site (www.chemweb.com/mall - it is item 
#17) where it is available and I will send that person a key is to turn 
it to a full working full version.

Steve Heller

Stephen R. Heller, Ph. D. 
Guest Researcher
NIST/SRD, Mail Stop: 820/113
100 Bureau Drive
820 Diamond Avenue, Room 101
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2310 USA
Phone: 301-975-3338    FAX: 301-926-0416
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve