Subject: Re: Software / chemical structures drawing

From: Christoph Steinbeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:18:33 +0200

We are working here on an open source java program - JChemPaint - for
drawing chemical structures. As soon as Java is officially available for
the palm, I'd be happy to coordinate a port. Most of the code should be
usable as is. 
I did already install the KJava VM on my Palm III but did not yet start
any porting since Sun states that many changes to the api would occur
until the first official release which, I believe, is scheduled for late
autumn or early winter. 
Until then, please have a look at
http://www.ice.mpg.de/departments/ChemInf
were you will find the JChemPaint project I'm referring to. Any
codevelopers for porting the program to the pilot will be highly
welcome.

Cheers, 

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (http://www.ice.mpg.de/~stein)
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Tatzendpromenade 1a, 07745 Jena, Germany
Tel: +49(0)3641 643644 - Mobile: +49(0)177 8236510 - Fax: +49(0)3641
643665

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise. 
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..