Subject: [[email-masked]: CCL:Free FORTRAN Compilers]

From: Michael Nolan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:36:57 +0100

I agree with Christoph,

Our version of G77 running on a variety of SUN workstations was well
able to compile the COLUMBUS program system and in general works very well...
Some modification of the compiler options was necessary, but it only need to be 
done once.

regards

michael

********************************************
Victor Anisimov posted that GNU Fortran cannot compile large programs
on non-Intel platforms. However, under LinuxPPC on my Power Macintosh G3,
it successfully compiles quantum-chemistry programs like Gaussian98,
TURBOMOLE etc.
It may happen that you have to edit a Makefile
**********************************************************************
-- 
**************************************************************************
Mr. Michael Nolan BSc. MEngSc.	
Materials Modelling Section, Advanced Materials and Technologies Group
National Microelectronics Research Centre  	
Lee Maltings, Prospect Row				   	
Cork, IRELAND

mail: [email-masked]
Tel:   + 353 21 904113; Fax: +353 21 270271

http://nmrc.ucc.ie/groups/AMT/modellingRes.html
***************************************************************************