Subject: 99.11.05 8th CCTCC Meeting (Conf Curr Trends Comp Chem)

From: [email-masked] (Jerzy Leszczynski)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:12:27 -0500 (CDT)

8th CCTCC - Second Announcement

Dear Colleague:

We are pleased to announce the eighth conference on Current Trends in
Computational Chemistry. This symposium, organized by Jackson State University,
will cover all areas of computational chemistry as well as quantum chemistry. 
The local host of the conference is the US Army Corps of Engineers Waterways
Experiment Station (WES) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.

The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, Mississippi (40 miles
west of Jackson) on November 5th and 6th, 1999. The format consists of a series
of plenary lectures and poster presentations  on Friday and Saturday covering
applications as well as theory. In addition, a banquet is scheduled for Friday
evening and a dinner and reception for Saturday evening.

The 8th conference will also feature another talk given in the ancillary "Noble
Lecture Series." This series was initiated during the 6th CCTCC by a remarkable
presentation by Istvan Hargittai entitled "The Molecules Among Us: Conversations
with Famous Chemists" and followed by a lecture "Past and Future of the 
Fullerene Story" delivered by Eiji Osawa during the 7th CCTCC. The lectures in 
this series are presented in a relaxed, after-dinner atmosphere by the noble 
speakers and are devoted to noble scientific events and people. As such, it is
an exceptional lecture to the conference and, contrary to the regular talks,
might not necessarily report any Current findings. This year the talk will be
delivered by Michael Kasha, Florida State University.

 We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pagers each) of all
invited talks and poster presentations. Original scientific contributions will 
be published in a special issue of the Journal of Molecular Structure (TEOCHEM).
Manuscripts for inclusion in the special issue should be submitted in triplicate
upon arrival at the registration desk. Submitted papers will be subject to the
journal's standard referee procedures.

                Abstracts are due by September 30, 1999.

Sincerely,

Jerzy Leszczynski
Chairman of the Organizing Committee

     8th CONFERENCE ON

   Current Trends In Computational Chemistry

   NOVEMBER 5 & 6, 1999, Vicksburg, Mississippi

1. NAME:_______________________________________________________________________

2. MAILING ADDRESS:____________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________

TELEPNONE:_______________FAX:_______________E-MAIL:_______________________

2. If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title below. All 
abstracts are due by September 30, 1999 (up to 4 pagers in length, presenting 
author underlined, photo ready quality, in duplicate) to ensure publication in 
the Conference Materials.

TITLE:_________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS: ______________________________________________________________________

3. Conference materials, banquet and reception fee, all meals from breakfast
Friday through dinner Saturday, coffee, and refreshments are included per paid
participant.

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Current Trends in Computational Chemistry.

Registration fee before September 1, 1999 US$ 150.00 $_____

Registration fee thereafter    200.00 $_____

Registration fee at student discount  75.00  $_____

4. HOUSING: the organizers will not make housing reservations.  To reserve a room
at the special conference rate of $50.00-$60.00 per room, contact the Holiday Inn
of Vicksburg, 3330 Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180, Tel: (601) 636-4551, fax:
(601) 636-4552. Reservations should be arranged with the Holiday Inn prior to
October 10, 1999.

I do____do not____plan to stay at the conference hotel

I do____do not____plan to submit a paper to the special issue of TEOCHEM

      ________________

      Signature

         http://tiger.jsums.edu/~cctcc/conf_ homepage.html
 Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
 Conference Chairman: Jerzy Leszczynski, Tel: 601-973-3482,
 Email: jerzy2.iris5.jsums.edu;
 Conference Secretary: Ms. Shonda R. Allen, Tel: 601-973-3723, Email:
[email-masked]

                                  List of Invited Speakers

Misako Aida
Hiroshima University
Modeling of Reactions in Solution by Means of Ab Initio MD

Issac B. Bersuker
The University of Texas at Austin
A Method of Combined Quantum Mechnical/Molecular Mechanics (QM/MM) Modeling for Large Transition Metal Systems with Charge Transfer Between QM and MM Sites

Ernest Roy Davidson
Indiana University
Theoretical Interpretation of Photoelectron Spectra for Some Molecules and      Clusters

Martin Field
Institut de Biologie Structurale, Grenoble
Molecular Simulations using Hybrid Quantum Mechanical and Molecular Mechanical  Potentials

William L. Jorgenson
Yale University
What's New with Water, Reactions & Properties Predictions

Michael Kasha
Florida State University
TBA

Morris Krauss
Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology
Binding Spectroscopy and Transition States in the Active Site of Chorismate     Mutase

Jan Lanbanowski
Ohio Supercomputer Center
Chemistry and Internet

Mario Raimondi
Universita' di Milano
Non Orthogonal Approaches to the Determination of Intermolecular Potentials

George Ch. Schatz
Northwestern University
Optical Properties of Metal Nanoparticles and Nanoparticle Aggregates Important in Biosensors

Ajit J. Thakkar
University of New Brunswick
Connections Among Bond Orders, Polarizabilities and Aromaticity

Harel Y. Weinstein
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Specificity and Dynamics in Reguation of Gene Expression: The Rules of the TATA Box