Subject: MD text

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:10:43 -0400

Hi everyone.

Sometime ago I asked the following question

"Can someone suggest an advanced text which covers MD simulations
(particularly for proteins) and covers  a broad range of aspects aspects

incl.  algorithms,  trajectory evaluation, important results etc.
I think McCammon and Harvey while good is a little dated,  while the
book "Computer Simulations of liquids" is out of print and impossible to

get hold of through any means at my disposal.  Rappaport is the other
one I have looked at and it is not quite what I am looking for."

Thank you to everyone who replied.  Almost everyone who wrote to me
recommended
Frenkel/Smit - "Understanding molecular simulation" - Acad.Press, 1996,
ISBN 0-12-267370-0

I must agree that this is an excellent book and very Similar to Allen
and Tildesley's "Computer Simulation of Liquids".

Other books recommended include
Andrew R. Leach, Molecular Modeling:
Principles & Applications, Addison Wesley Longman Ltd., Essex, 1996.

Haile, Molecular Dynamics Simulation (on a similar level as
Allen/Tildesley)

Just a note .. Allen and Tildesley is BACK!!!

regards

Deepak.

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse               URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************